Monday, January 18, 2010

This I Believe: There's no place like home

I went home this weekend, and let me tell you something kids: I was just there a few weeks ago for Christmas, but I needed it. Somehow, coming back from the break without getting as much rest as I'd hoped to took me down. I was sick (raise your hand if you're surprised. Hello? Is this thing on?) and the kids always need some time to get back into the routine, but DAMN. These last two weeks have been tough, and then I caught something really gross, and I just wanted my mommy.

I was blue, and now I feel better. I wasn't even home for that long- about a day, but it was exactly what I needed. I always feel sorry for people who don't want to go home, or who don't get along with their families. I even got to stop in Milwaukee for the first time in a year and introduce myself to some cutie pie kids.

Hmm...I think I had better ideas of what to say here when I started it, and I'm fading fast. Go hug your mom.

SOTD: Just Breathe by Pearl Jam. I haven't bought any new Pearl Jam in many moons. Like possibly since Vitalogy, but I think I might need this last thing they put out. I've heard a few songs, and they are all pretty mellow, but wow am I loving them. I like the line in this song- "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love." I am pretty darn lucky to be able to count on both hands AND feet those that I love who I know love me back unconditionally, even when I'm blue. Hope the world is being nicer to all of you!

1 comment:

ashes090 said...

oooooh, now you're in trouble! Did I see a reference to a stop in Milwaukee without a corresponding visit to see your cuz?!