Thursday, May 7, 2009

No excuses

I did give a warning that I'd be MIA for awhile, right? Oh man, moving is a lot of work, and then just when you think it's slowing down, it's also the end of the school year, and spring (!!!) and whatever else the hell it is I do with my time, and my wireless isn't working so when I'm on my computer I have to sit on one side of my living room that does NOT face the tv...and yeah, my life is SO HARD, you guys.

Hm. I thought I had something to say, but I'm blanking, so I'll hit you with a cute kid story and try to do better next time.

Yesterday, I was talking to a kid about his trip to London. Something about the way he said it made me think he went there often, so I said, "Do you know someone who lives there?"

"I know someone who lived there a long time ago."

"Oh really? Who's that?"

"King Henry the Eighth. I saw his bones- the put a beard on them and it's really funny."


This kid also referred to himself as his sister's butler when she conned him into carrying her backpack for her. I love him.

I lost my wallet the other day (It HAS to be in the damn house, but I can't find it. Stupid wallet.) The purpose of me mentioning this is that I went to the bank and they gave me a temporary ATM card, which I didn't know existed, so I'm pretty psyched. If it ever happens to you, now you know.

SOTD: Turn by Travis. I went to see these boys a few weeks back, and I realized that I really miss being a huge music geek. Also, I met these guys back in my concert booking days at Marquette, and they are really funny, super sweet, and they put on an amazingly energetic show for how mellow they sound here. Also, Fran Healy is adorable and watching him do pushups makes me smile in some bizarre sadistic way.

Bonus song: Also Travis- All I Wanna Do is Rock. Because this is not a crazy rock song. Until it is.

No comments: