Tuesday, July 7, 2009

One picture

So on Saturday when you were all attending awesome bbq's, watching fireworks and celebrating your independence, I went to the Documentation Center in Nuremburg. It's on the former Nazi Rally grounds, and it's a history of the rise and fall of the Nazis. Not so much like a party, and there was something weird about going on the 4th of July, but it was definitely interesting.

Afterwards, I had some time to kill and it's right on this nice lake so I went for a walk and found a nice biergarten. (Look at me! I'm learning German!*) Nelly and Keana came and met me there, and I enjoyed a few brews and some sausages for dinner. Here is a picture of that- it's me, my beer, and about 17 chins. It's an awful picture, but it makes me laugh. Seriously, I look like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. Do you also like that I'm balancing my huge beer on my boob? Yeah, that's hot.



It's been raining since then, so I haven't done much since then but relax. I've read 6 books so far, and I've been here for about a week and a half. Things are picking up though- Tom and I went back to Nuremburg today when he got home from work and did some walking around, so I have some pictures for you that I haven't downloaded yet, but I promise to get to it before the weekend. Tomorrow if it's not raining in the afternoon, I'm all over going to take pictures of the things that have been making me laugh.

Why? Because this weekend is when I get to go to London and I am PSYCHED!

SOTD: 99 Luftballoons by Nena. Obviously, it's been stuck in my head since I got here. Plus, I totally found a Nena DVD in the closet here. Don't think I didn't laugh out loud when I saw it.

*At dinner tonight, Tom and Nelly were saying Nuremburg funny (not Nurnberg, which is how Germans say it) and Keana looked at them and said, "Don't make it any harder on Rachel!" Apparently, what they were doing is the equivalent of a southern accent. To answer your question Ashley, yes. Keana is smarter than I am. This is not news.

No comments: