Sunday, October 17, 2010

Checking in

Jay had some comments for me about the fact that I haven't updated this in awhile.

You know that saying, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"? That's sort of where I'm at these days. I'm fine, just stuck in my cranky pants. But I'm trying to get those cranky pants off, so here are a few good things I have to share:

1- I've officially lost the 30 pounds I said I would when I started this. You know, 2 1/2 years ago.
2- I did a breast cancer walk this morning, and it was a beautiful day and it made me feel better than I thought it would. Yay inspiration.
3- Congrats on finishing the marathon, Jay!
4- I get to go home this coming weekend for the first time since June. I'm so excited- it'll be a girls only thing with my friends, PLUS I'll get to see my mom and the way things have been going, I've just sorted of needed some Mom Time. I know for a fact her freezer is full of delicious baked goods. I know how much I was gone this summer, but I'm ready for a break from here again.

To make up for my lack of posts lately, I will offer you the three songs that I've been listening to all day. None of these are really new or exciting but I have my reasons.

My Own Sinking Ship
by Good Old War. "Why can't I just be alright? Why can't I invade your mind?"

Miles Behind Me by Hotel Lights. "Nobody saw you fall- miles behind me." Honestly, this is because it's in the movie Baby Mama, which I watched this week while I was home sick from school.

Two Weeks by Grizzly Bear. Really, you should watch this one because it's amazing and this guy just did it in his spare time- he didn't get paid for it! Some people have too much talent and too much time on their hands.

Jay, are you happy? T-rel, you're up.