Thursday, October 8, 2009

Whupped, but with a plan

You guys? I'm getting my ass kicked by a bunch of 3-5 year olds. Thank god this is not my first year- I don't think I'd want to teach anymore.

I've been struggling to come up with good blog writing lately and failing pretty miserably because I am so worn out at the end of the day. It's not just the physically tired part, it's also emotional. What else can I do?

But that's not my point. My point is this: I borrowed a book from my sister called "This I Believe" and it's all short essays on people's personal important beliefs. So at least once a week, I'm going to try to write about something I believe and why because I need something like that right now. Some of them are probably going to be silly (I already have a good idea on my belief in cheese and I'm sure at some point there will be a drunk one about my belief in wine) and some will be what I need to work out in my brain. If I fail to do this, call me on it. If anyone wants to write one and be a guest blogger, let me know. Check out the book- some are better than others, but it's good stuff no matter what.

I need to go to bed now- after one cute kid story for me to think about as I fall asleep. I was out on Monday because I was coming back from visiting my sister. On Wed, one of the dads told me, "Just so you know, my son was really sad you weren't here on Monday. It was all he could talk about on Monday night- he was really hoping you'd be back on Tuesday so he wouldn't have to miss you anymore." For every rotten moment, there's one of those. And that kid is freakin' ADORABLE.

SOTD: I and Love and You by the Avett Brothers. I thought this song was called "Brooklyn Brooklyn" until the other day. I just dig it, even if it's not the best thing to listen to when I'm a bit down. Are you aware the shape I'm in? Brooklyn Brooklyn take me in.

No comments: