Wednesday, November 19, 2008

It's a fine art.

My kids were 100% batshit insane today. I could not wait to come home, and I've already over-consumed on the Nutella in dealing with it. (Healthy, right? Help me ignore the bottle of wine in the fridge. Geez, stop talking about it, that is SO not helping!)

...um, what was I saying?

OH YEAH! The highlight of today, was that I am totally leaving my mark on these kids and how they deal with people. How do I know? See the following conversation.

Me: Ok, Mr. O, you can get up from your nap now and we'll head outside for recess.

Kid: But, I don't even LIKE recess.

Me: What?! Are you kidding me?!

Kid: HA! I tricked you! I can't believe you fell for that! You're so silly.

I have passed on sarcasm and mockery, and it only took 3 months. I am the Best. Teacher. Ever.

SOTD: Don't You Evah by Spoon. First, I like that they spell it "evah". It's fabulous. Also, I like that it starts with an argument with their producer because he can't work the machine. (You have to listen really closely to understand them.) Finally, because I said something along those lines more times today than I care to count. "We do not EVER throw toys in school...etc, etc, etc."

No comments: