Friday, January 9, 2009

Banjo Boy

Here's what you need to know: he's been around for a few weeks and seems to have intentions of sticking around for as long as I let him. (Seems to because he told me so.) He spoils me rotten, and then I call him a suck up, because God forbid I'm nice to him. Then he might think I like him or something, and I have sooooo not owned up to that yet. But, this is how things usually go with this guy: He called me last night to tell me that it would be snowing this morning, and he has to be up anyway, so why doesn't he give me a ride to work? Oh, and he'll pick me up a bagel. Then when he gets here, he's like, "I didn't know if you wanted it toasted so here's one of each and a big bottle of water because you still need to have lots of fluids so you stay feeling better." Seriously, there is no reason to buy 2 bagels, and the water is just thoughtful.

And this is not the first time he's done this. I usually eye him suspiciously, then again tell him he's a suck up. It's an interesting pattern. We'll see how long this lasts.

In other news, I'm for real better today. At least mostly. I skipped work yesterday and slept the day away, but today I was totally all over it.

So there's that. I'm not going to Milwaukee this weekend to celebrate Jay Lackey, so if you are, buy him a shot from me. I'll totally get you back.

SOTD: Keeps Getting Better by Christina Aguilera. In reference to the immune system, not the boy. I can't be that sappy, come on. Also, did anyone else know that the Target commercial is just an ad and not the video? What a waste of time and money! Whatever, I still dig the tune.

No comments: