Sunday, March 8, 2009

Movie Reviews

I've been watching movies non-stop, and I have to do something besides lay here, so here are some very helpful movie reviews for you.

Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist: Ok, I saw this one before, but I still loved it. First of all, it has my cougar crush Michael Cera (Adorable!) and Kat Dennings being as cool as I wish I could have been. I also want the soundtrack. But it's a sweet story about a bunch of kids staying out too late when they're in high school and doing stupid kid things. In the best way. A-

Wanted: I wanted to see this one because they shot it in my 'hood awhile back. And it makes Chicago look awesome, which is always something I like. And seriously! James McAvoy's character totally lives in the house behind mine- that is so cool! Unfortunately, my ability to tell you where they are in any given scene is the only highlight of this really dumb and very violent movie. D

W.: I really liked this movie. I like things that humanize people like presidents, world leaders, anyone who has that sort of larger than life feeling. I think it tells an interesting story of someone who I won't claim to be a fan of, but who is still a human being at the end of the day. B+

The Women: If you need a so-so chick flick when you're sick, this one is not so bad. It's not great, but you won't have to think about it at all, so if you doze off in the middle, you can pretty much figure out what you've missed within about 3 seconds. If you're looking for real entertainment, I'd look elsewhere. C

Run, Fat Boy, Run: This movie is so awesome. A slacker decides to run a marathon to win the girl, with only three weeks to train. Not starring: reality. But it is SO FUNNY. I feel like I can't say much else without giving away a lot of the good stuff, but seriously, watch this movie. Especially if you've ever run anything. B+

Center Stage: Holy balls this movie is CRAPTASTIC. My roommate loves this movie, even though she admits that it's horrible. I've finally caved to watching it in my inability to sit up for more than 10 mins. at a time, and it's everything I thought it would be. Totally bad rainy day/sick day ridiculousness. Predictable, horrible acting, pretty teenagers believing they are making life and death decisions, ballet dancing, shaking up the ballet world with more interesting styles (you go girl!)...it has it all. Oh, and 90's Mandy Moore music, and you all know how I feel about her these days. C-

Song of the day: Too Much Time on My Hands by Styx. Seriously, if I'm not up and running tomorrow I'm going to lose my mind. Next up on my schedule? I'm going to shower. Anyone want to come share a spoon with me? I'm bored.

No comments: