Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A metaphor

So THIS is what my inner child sounds like. And instead of my mommy leaving the room, it's me remembering that I have beer in the fridge that makes me stop. (Picture a smiley face with the idea light bulb and a thumbs up here.) But every time I go to grab that beer, I remember that I still have homework (HOMEWORK! SERIOUSLY!) and I made a deal with myself to not have beer until I am at least half way through. (Frowny face. See also: kid throwing himself on the floor and screaming.)

Beer exponentially increases my odds of falling asleep at inappropriate times and not finishing my homework. Stupid beer. Why do you have to ruin everything?!

(I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean it.)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Why do you have homework?

Rachel said...

Because I have a class I have to take with student teaching, and the stupid school requires us to do certain projects to make sure we're learning. It's total bs, and even my prof. hates it. It's not hard, it's just time consuming. Is Natalie ok?

JFred said...

OMG! I totally am way behind reading your blog but I just read this one and CRACKED UP (during a work meeting mind you) because of the beer "I'm sorry baby" comment.
Reminds me of good times and totally of someone...ummmm...oh yeah, the guy I married. Thanks for the laugh. JCF