Monday, May 5, 2008

Scary shit

Um guys? I'm scared of my first graders. They know a lot of shit. As in, they seriously asked me a question I didn't know the answer to this morning, and the kid was all, "How old are you anyway? Because I'm 7, and I know that." I'm sorry, but I don't know that caterpillars turn into jelly while they're in the chrysalis off the top of my head. Seriously, cut me some slack, kid! It was my first day!

Also, they could care less about me. My 4/5 year-olds wanted to be all up in my grill 24/7. These kids barely even noticed that I was there. I know I'm being a big baby, but I want to go back. This is total BS.

Also, (also wik, for the Holy Grail fans) my sister's wedding shower over the weekend was awesome. Because of plane screw ups, they ended up having to rent a car and got a convertible. I'm sunburned, but it was totally worth it to ride from Madison to Milwaukee with the top down.

I started working at the afterschool daycare thing at school today, so I'm working 12 hour days. I'm beat. This blog will most likely suffer. Just thought I should warn you.

Today's song: Come Back Down by Toad the Wet Sprocket because a) I gave them a shout out in the last post and b) because the "I'm...so damn tired" keeps running through my head. This is not actually indicative of my state of mind. It's spring! Yay!

No comments: