Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Scenes from a school....

A few cute stories to give you an idea of what my days are like...

One little guy was running sort of sideways across the playground today and looking behind him, so I asked him what he was doing. "Watching my shadow! It follows me the WHOLE TIME!"

A little girl builds a huge lego tower and puts a lego cat at the top.

"Look! I put a kitty on top of the tower!"

"Uh oh, is the kitty going to get scared up there?"

"No, she went up there to shake her booty."

While coloring a picture...

"Eureka!"

"Um, what are you drawing over there?"

"My new vacuum! It's name is Eureka!"

About going to college....

"I don't want to go to college, I want to go to KINDERGARTEN."

"Oh. Well what will you do to get a good job?"

"I don't need a job. The tooth fairy gave me a dollar the other day."

And finally, to clear up the mysteries of that last post,

"Miss Rachel, did you know that the Cubbies had a no-hitter last night? I think that's really good."

"I think you might be right."

And I know Lackey was extra psyched about me knowing that, since he's the one who had to teach me what that was back in my sports workin' days.

Song of the day: Closer by Nine Inch Nails. I used to hate this song, and then like 7 years after it came out, it totally grew on me. Then earlier today, my roommate was giving me a massage, and I'm sick of kid's music and new age-y stuff that we listen to while they "rest", so I just went to my iTunes and picked Nina Simone thinking something mellow and jazzy would be cool. Then it ended and immediately went into this song, and the two of us burst out laughing. It's so bizarre to listen to in that context.

No comments: