Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Overheard at recess...

Yesterday, it decided to rain for the 20 mins. in the afternoon when I have recess, so as soon as we got to the playground, we had to turn that train around.

Me: Rain, rain, go away. Come again some other day.

O (my little 4-year-old friend): Ms. K, that doesn't make any sense at all.

Me: Why is that?

O: I hate the rain. It ruins everything. I say rain, rain, stay gone forever.

Me: Point taken, Mr. O.

I just really like his logic. Rain is a bummer.

SOTD: Ok, so my big sister gets two b-day SOTD's because she's awesome. (And I didn't send her anything yet, even though I gave her husband an STD for his b-day...I sometimes suck as a sister.) So, like I said, I was at a wedding this weekend and with all the travel, I made myself a few new playlists on the ol' iPod, and I found this song that I'd forgotten about. The first time I heard it, I immediately thought of Sarah and Tim...don't know if it's the line about a life less sedentary or the toddler with a complex toy, but it sort of makes me think of their schmoopy love story. I see how happy they are, and it makes me happy. And reminds me to keep my standards high. So here it is- A Life Less Ordinary by Carbon Leaf. Go get schmoopy with it. Happy b-day again, Sarah.

No comments: