Thursday, July 31, 2008

Good day

I woke up today feeling restless and shut-in. I've been pretty good at keeping myself busy, but it was supposed to hit the 90's AGAIN today and every day in the foreseeable future and I just couldn't take it anymore.

So I went to my favorite produce joint (seriously, raspberries for 89 cents!) (Have I mentioned it's been a little slow around here?), then came home, played a little gee-tar...and then called Blaire because I was bored and I wanted to convince her to ditch work to play with me. And it worked! Except that as we both dashed out to make a movie, it started pouring rain, which was not so nice. Then we headed over to the lake and dunked our feet, then took a long bike ride, and now I'm home. I'm babysitting four separate times in the next two days. At least I'll have money! And I can even go play with Skylar tomorrow night. Cross your fingers for cute boys.

If anyone you know has a b-day coming up, I must recommend buying them Douche Cards. If for no other reason than people who produce such things should be rewarded as far as I'm concerned.

I hope you all had good days like mine, and that tomorrow and your weekend continue to be stellar.

XOXO, Rachel

Song of the day: Today by the Smashing Pumpkins. I remember wishing I could ride around all day in an ice cream truck with Billy Corgan. (Jay, I hope you dig it, too.)

2 comments:

maris said...

i must say, if you like the idea of douche cards you will love this website i cam across. hotchickswithdouchebags.com. a riot. also, go to you tube and search for drunken history/ jack black or michael cera.

maris said...

and i can't spell. i wanted to say came, not cam.