Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Workin' on it

After yesterday's early afternoon "What am I supposed to DO with all of this time?" meltdown, I found some things to do. I worked on the guitar thing...and realized that I have no idea what I'm doing or the slightest idea how to teach myself, nor the discipline. So I found someone to teach me on Craigslist who doesn't charge and arm and a leg, and that starts tonight.

I also found a place to learn to sew (thanks, Trel), but I need to find a day that they're having a class that I have open. That's tomorrow's project.

And THEN, I should have had this on my list, but I tried Bikram yoga. It's the one where they keep the room at 105 degrees and 50-60% humidity. It's not quite as intense as a sauna, but it's HOT. I'm so not flexible, and I suck at yoga, but it was a good thing to do, and I'll go back. I liked how I felt when I was done. And then I came home and slept like the dead after drinking approximately a gallon of water. One class was $15, but I could buy a 30 day pass for $29, so I went for it. So that killed a few hours.

Right now I'm watching Ellen, because the previews said something about Jake Gyllenhaal taking his pants off. That's what I'm talking about.

Speaking of losing your pants, I should tell some more Mantana stories.

First, I went to a wedding with Marisa. She was a bridesmaid, so I went to the wedding with her friend Aneta. We were all, "This looks a little tame." It was small, and there were slim pickin's for single dudes. So we get to the reception, and we accidentally sat next to deaf uncle who told us a lot of scary stories about car accidents that he's been in. Seriously. Anyway, we're taking advantage of the free wine, and the band starts up and I make friends with the gay dudes who wanted to take me to Seattle with them, and then I start dancing with all the dudes there. I'm wearing a dress of Marisa's that has two layers- a solid bottom one, and a top one that has these little cutouts in it. So I'm dancing with this dude, and he spins me around and one of the buttons on his suit jacket gets caught on one of the cutouts and it rips. But only in the top layer, so I have a back flap over my ass, like in the old timey pj's with the patch you could unbutton to pee? Anyway, I'm laughing, it's funny, Marisa's not mad, so it's cool. Give me another glass of wine! It gets later and later, and my gay boyfriend is looking at my backflap and he's like, "You know, I think I could fix that. Will you let me? It'll be awesome, like Project Runway." I figured, why not? So I'm standing in the middle of the room, surrounded by about 100 people I didn't know until a few hours earlier, and suddenly I hear this huge RRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIPP! And there it is. My bare ass exposed. To the entire room. And I just started laughing hysterically and trying to cover myself, and he's trying to fix it and telling me he doesn't know what happened and it takes me like 5 mins. to pull myself together enough to see the groomsman's jacket sitting on a chair next to me that I could tie around my waist. Marisa had a spare sundress in her car, which I changed into even though it was so long it was dragging around on the ground. But yeah. I was the crazy city girl who showed up at the wedding and had to make it trashy by flashing my ass.

Then the next day, I was only slightly out of it, when Aneta walks into Marisa's house with a Busch Light in her hand at 10:30 am and told me to get changed because their friend Chip was taking us out on his boat for the day. So I spent a day on a boat drinking beer (I hadn't had Busch Light since college) and then we stopped for fried chicken on the way home. Then I went straight to bed because I felt like ass, but it was a good day, and a good trip.

Ok, Jake Gyllenhaal did not take off his pants. Lame. I feel like I've been lied to.

Anyway, my friend Emma sent me an email today talking about how grateful she is for the things in her life, and I realized that I am very grateful for this time off to rediscover some hobbies and learn some things I've always wanted to learn. And to figure out a few other things- I'm trying to decide what I want my life to be and where I want it to be. But that's a whole other post. For now?

Song of the day: Feel Good Inc by Gorillaz. Because it makes me dance every time I hear it.

No comments: