Thursday, March 27, 2008

Freedom

Not mine...not yet.

I just got done with my exit interview- I think she's afraid I'll be hungover if we do it tomorrow. We're headed out tonight to celebrate the end of my illustrious career here. (Or to drink beer, either way...) So I don't have much to say, because my head is a little bit of a jumbled mess, but I had to share this:

So, I was listening to a little George Michael the other day (I'm on a weird kick. Can't explain it, don't want to.) and I was listening to Freedom '90, and um, guys? How did we not pick up on him being gay? This song is SO about him being gay but being locked in his closet. Seriously, I'm too lazy to do any fact checking on this, but I'm pretty sure it took years for this information to come out. Just like him.

Also, I totally understand that I was all of 11 when that song came out, so I want to wash my hands of the responsibility of being the one to figure it out.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

But doesn't that song kick ass!?

That one and Monkey I have to admit to blasting on a fairly frequent basis.

WHY can't you DO IT? WHAY CAN'T YOU SET YOUR MONKEY FREE!

(after typing that I'm wondering if that song is about more than I may have thought, too.)

Rachel said...

Oh heck yeah, the song rules...but now I feel like he was trying to tell us so many things for so long, and we were just too busy dancing to listen. Whatever, it was a good time!