Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Great Interview Experiment

(Ed note: I started this post like 2 weeks ago. This requires thinking, and that's HARD.)

I'm pretending that I have a large audience for this blog by being a part of the Great Interview Experiment. Basically, there are a lot of people making an interview go around. I'll be interviewed by one person, and get to interview someone else, and then the results will be published on each other's blogs. I'm being interviewed by Jenny, who's blog Zesty Enterprise has a lot of amazing pictures on it that make me want to hop on a plane and head to Hong Kong. Or be lame and post my Thailand pictures that are two years old, just because I can. Her questions are in italics, my responses are normal.

What are you proud of?


My family. I know so many people who hate their families, and I just don't get it. I'd give a kidney to any one of them. Every single one of them is funny, thoughtful, and successful at whatever they decide to do. I'm proud to know them, and to be associated with them, and to brag about them to my friends. But we're not really sappy people, so don't go aroung telling them I said so. Because if they bring it up, I'll just tell them to shut up, because I'm still cooler than they are.

Please list three weird things about yourself:
Only three? (I just called Shaynea to ask for ideas because I'm having trouble coming up with specific examples. She has out a legal pad, this is probably not going to end well for either one of us.)

1.) I still sleep with the teddy bear that I've had since I was four. I feel weird when she's not there. (Yes, the bear is a she, which a lot of people seem to think is strange, but I'm not sure why.) I don't travel with her or anything like that. Her name is Jesse, which used to be Jessica, which was my favorite name at the time.


2.) I like pretty much anything you can make out of a tomato, but cannot stand the taste of raw tomatoes.


3.) I have boy handwriting. Or, as my friends call it, serial killer handwriting. It's supersmall, and REALLY sloppy. I'm working on it, what with my kindergarten teacher aspirations and all, but I really believe that at some point, my principal will have to pull me aside and give me a talking to...about using computers to teach letter writing.


Do you have any pets? If not, tell me about any animals that have impacted you, be they childhood pets or a friend's.


No pets, but I do want to get a fish at some point...to see if I can actually care for another living thing. Plus, they're pretty. When I was little, we had a dog named Ele, and she was part black lab and part husky. She was a pretty good dog, although I don't think she loved it when we moved from a farm where she could run free whenever she wanted to a subdivision where we had to keep her chained up to keep her in the yard. She got sick when I was in college (and my folks were back at the farm), and one day she disappeared and never came back. My mom went looking for her but never managed to find her. Reigning theory is that she knew it was her time to go, so she went and did it on her own terms.

Do you have any phobias?
This would probably also fit in well under weird things about me. I have a weird fear of driving across really huge bridges. Like the one to Coronado in San Diego, or really any gigantic bridge over water. I have this recurring nightmare where I'm driving a gigantic van with everyone I love in it, and I have to go over this bridge and it suddenly turns into a rollercoaster, and I have no way out but to floor it, and I always wake up at the part when no one is sure if we'll make it. I can't explain it, but I know that the last few times I've had to drive over a bridge, I have to mentally prepare for it. And I go as fast as I can to get it over with.


Also, bugs. Gross.



What are your pet peeves?
Inconsiderate people. There are a lot of them wrapped up in this one simple concept.


How many times have you seen The Big Lebowski?
This is going to get me into trouble, but I've only seen like the first 10 mins. of this movie, and then I fell asleep.


If you could go to a convention anwhere, what would it be about and where would it be held?
I would like to go to a convention...crap, it seems like I should have something I want to learn... this is going to be the most boring answer ever, but it reflects my current state of mind- I want to go to a convention of principals in Chicago who want to hire me to teach in the fall. I need to know that I have a job so that I can stop freaking out. Someday, I'll have a much better answer to that. Like a wine convention...in Hawaii.

What are your favorite movies?

French Kiss, Empire Records, Eternal Sunshine, Little Miss Sunshine, The Sweetest Thing...those are just off the top of my head. And Beautiful Girls.


What is your favorite line from a movie?
I'm sure I have a lot of favorites, but the one I think I use the most is "Where is all of this hostility coming from?"


What are your favorite blog posts of yours?

Shaynea Strikes Again, Why I Might Get Syphillis for My Birthday...and maybe one of the last ones I wrote...but I'll have to give it time to see if I still like it.

Do you karaoke? If so, what is your standard?
I have karaoke'd twice in my life. The first time was my 21st b-day, and I did Shoop. I think I might make Material Girl my standard though, because I think I rocked it when I was in LA last month.


What is your favorite alcoholic beverage?

Wine. Red in the winter, white in the summer.


Why did you start blogging? Who is your intended audience?

Mostly to entertain myself, and my sister, but I'm hoping that my friends come along for the ride, and that maybe I'll make some new ones.


Who would you like to be your pretend celebrity boyfriend? Pretend celebrity bff?

My celebrity boyfriend is definitely Wentworth Miller. He is the only reason I can justify watching Prison Break. He's just so pretty, and he's always giving me that LOOK. Like he's trying to get in my pants, and I'm always all, "Baby, I am not the one holding this up. Get over here."

My pretend celebrity BFF would probably be Lauren Graham. Mostly because I want to be Lorelai Gilmore when I grow up, minus the whole "having a kid at 16" thing. I miss that show so much- There is a huge void on my Tuesday nights, even all this time later.

So that's me! That was kind of fun, even if it took me a year and a half. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Yay! Good answers!

Can you make your favorite blog posts into links so I don't have to search for them? Yes, I am very bossy.

This was fun! Though, my interviewer flaked! Even after I harassed him about it. Pfft.

Jenny said...

Oh my god! that syphillis post is hilarious!