Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Rejected drafts of my letter of resignation

Dear bossman-

Take this job and shove it.

(Too rude.)

To whom it may concern:

Peace out, suckas!!!!!

(Too informal.)

Dear friends,

Good luck finding someone as fun as me!

(Not even remotely true, since they've already found my replacement and she's awesome.)

To: My boss
From: Rachel

I'm only sort of sad to leave. Feel free to keep sending me paychecks, because that is what I'll miss the most.

(Too mean.)

The real version in my head sounds a lot like "HOLY SHIT! I've been here for four years. What is life like on the outside? Can someone hold my hand and tell me I'm doing the right thing?"

PS- another song of the day, because I'm obsessed with Kate Nash this week. It's called Pumpkin Soup, and I'm not sure why, but I don't question the good stuff.

No comments: