Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Procrastination is not a hobby

Last night was my last night of class. I want to say "EVER." but that would probably be a lie. But for awhile. I have at least 3 weeks before I need to go back, but that's not even a real class. I'm not sure what it is yet. They are not all that forthcoming with the information.

After class, I went out to dinner with Beth and Laura. We're chatting, catching up on each other's lives, etc, when Laura says, "So what are you doing with the rest of the week?" And I had no idea. It's such a weird feeling to not always be squeezing in some reading, or getting ahead on this project or that proofreading. I always have a weird day of feeling like, "Hm. I know I used to have hobbies. What were they again? I should pick some of that stuff back up...after I take a quick nap." And a week later I usually don't have much to show for my time, except for feeling less stressed. I do like that part of it.

Then I remembered that I have a whole list of stuff I need to accomplish, right here on this here blog. Then I looked at my planner and realized that I also have my sister's bachelorette party next weekend, and I've done very little planning for it. Whoops. I can't say much more than that, because it's a surprise, but it's going to be awesome.

AND, I'm learning how to ski while I'm out there. Figured it would probably be best to do that before my good health insurance goes out the window. Someone has to pay for broken bones. Hopefully, it won't be me.

I quit the j-o-b in 2.5 weeks. Crazy!

I met some of the kids I'll be teaching yesterday. One little guy was telling me about himself, and his sister. "She's five, and I'm five, too. That's how twins work." Thank god he told me, I've been trying to work that out for YEARS.

I leave you with yet another example of a famous person who keeps trying to make out with me.

Nevermind all of the other people in that video. He's talking to me. That's why he says, "You".

No comments: